Power of Protein
We all know protein is the building block for muscle. It is essential to not only all people but especially athletes. Protein is what we use as athletes to rebuild and repair our muscles after a hard workout. It's what we need to keep our performances at their optimum. Depending on your particular sport your protein requirements can change. As an endurance and strength athlete I need about 1.4 -1.5 grams per kilogram or (2.2lbs). This means personally I need about 90 grams of protein per day.
My diet is primarily vegetarian based, I do eat meat but it's not my focus in my diet. Therefore in order to get what I need in a day I rely on protein, not only for my workouts but also to supplement my dietary needs. Below are a few ways I incorporate protein into my diet to supplement what I eat.
- Protein Shake - with MyoFusion Elite Protein Series
- Mixed into Morning Oatmeal - Strawberry & Cream MyoFusion Elite is my favorite
- Baked into Snack Food - check out the post on Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
- Protein Pancakes - Jaime Baird's are the best!
- Mixed into Fruit & Veg Smoothies - Vanilla MyoFusion is best
Those are a few of the ways I incorporate protein into my diet and make sure I am getting everything I need in a day, especially on hard training days.
What are your favorites?
Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. None of the products / services offered on this Web site are intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.