As most of you already know, the difference between a bodybuilder and a competitive athlete is LEGS! Legs are one of my weakest areas when I first started. The fastest way to make them grow is to train them fiercely everytime with no excuse. This is an example of an intense, fast pace leg session Flex
and I do. Y3T at its best!
1. Standard machine weight leg extension. Make sure you warm up well before. They can be hard on the knees for some. Each rep will be a 2 second pause, hold at the top with 6 sets of 12-15. They should be done slow, controlled and with your back flat against the pad. Very important to keep the small of your back as far against the pad as you can. Use the hand grips to force yourself in place. You will get better isolation this way and reduce chance of injury. If the last few were not extremely hard then you should increase your weight. When muscle fatigue starts you might experience a slight shaking in the muscle. This is good!
2. Iso leg press. With this press the legs will be worked seperately. Make sure you are going deep on each rep. Slow and controlled, no jerking. Run 4 sets of 12-15 reps on each leg to failure. Again, on legs I always start with my weakest leg first.
3. Walking lunges. With just your body weight, lunge for around 100 feet straight with no rest. Keep your knee to the ground without touching--long stride and proper form. 4 sets without much rest.
4. Seated leg press. This is a plate loaded piece. Both legs will press at the same time. 3 sets of 12-15 reps with one drop set of 10 reps. The last 5 reps or so should be forced reps to failure. Make sure you are going deep and your back stays tight against the pad.
5. Repeat exercise #1. This workout is designed to be done with fierce intensity. If your legs are not trashed by now then step it up! Hope you enjoy this as much as we do. Signing off!
Train Hard and Wide Open!!