11 Ways to Cut Calorie Cravings in Half
So I’ll admit, from time to time I do indulge in sweets, but just in moderation. This week I want to make a point that it is almost impossible for human beings to completely take out everything sweet or salty in our foods, and if you do you will eventually go cold turkey and eat over the top bad things for you. Because I have more of a sweet tooth, here are 11 ways to cut the calories in half and still enjoy your favorite desserts:
- Satisfy that craving with a bite, a sliver, or a taste of the dessert, instead of having a full portion
- Don’t eat the cone- instead have just one scoop of ice-cream
- Choose fruit toppings instead of icing or chocolate sauce on a cake, etc
- Don’t eat the whole piece of pie or cake- cut it in half each time
- Eat chocolate sorbet or frozen chocolate yogurt instead of chocolate ice-cream
- Eat a bowl of fruit instead of puddings, creams or custards
- Select fruit pies- instead of pecan and cream pies; eat peach, pumpkin, blueberry, raspberry or apple pie (remember #4, half a slice!)
- When baking, follow the low fat receipt section or if it does not have one, buy low-fat products (ex: 1% milk)
- Buy those mini bite-size cupcakes- these help control the portion for you (just don’t eat all 10!!)
- Share your dessert- I do this very frequently and it really helps!
- Carmel chocolate rice cakes with frozen yogurt ice cream is AMAZING!
Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. None of the products / services offered on this Web site are intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.