Thanksgiving kicks off my favorite
time of year. I just feel extra happy these final few months of the year. It’s time with family, giving to others, reconnecting with friends, the sparkling lights, the festive aromas and the thanks-giving.
Besides filling us up with gravy-covered goodness, the Thanksgiving holiday reminds us to account for our blessings—something that we can forget to do while rushing through our busy lives. When you sit down and really think about your life, it’s pretty amazing how much for which you have to be grateful. I think we all can get so focused on what is wrong, what needs to be fixed, faults, imperfections and struggles, that we lose sight of all that is right.
Why Gratitude Rocks
The amazing thing about counting your blessings is that you can’t help but feel happy when you have a gracious attitude. In fact, there is a ton of research done by positive psychologists confirming this. These psychologists have developed gratitude exercises that have been proven to increase one’s happiness and sense of well-being. If you’re interested, check a few out HERE.
My Thanks-giving List
I have so much to be thankful for in my life. I’m not even sure that I could capture everything in one blog post, but here are the first 10 things that come to mind this Thanksgiving morning:
1) Having a true partner in life in my hubby Eddie Baird. And - still finding new things to love about him after 12 years together! (Love you, EB!!)
2) The support and love of my family. (Mom…thank you for all the cards and encouraging talks.)
3) The health of my fur-kids, especially my Chihuahua Jefe who has had two serious spine surgeries within the last year.
4) Having friends who understand me, support me, give me real talk and love me unconditionally.
5) Being in great health and having the ability and resources to continue to live a vibrant, healthy life!
6) Having so many people in my life who believe in me, stick their necks out on my behalf and provide me opportunities to make my career dreams come true.
7) Having a fitness family that has supported me, read my blogs, shared their stories, cheered me on and gave me the inspiration to keep pushing through hard times. (That’s all of YOU!!!!!!)
8) Having the opportunity to share the stories and knowledge of some of the most amazing women in fitness as a Fitness Rx for Women writer.
9) Feeling more confident in who I am (faults and all!) and a little closer to fully understanding my life’s purpose.
10) Having the opportunity to inspire others to achieve their best in health and life as an IFBB athlete, Fitness Rx for Women writer and Gaspari Nutrition spokesmodel.
Just a few of the people and things in my life for which I am grateful...
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy time with loved ones and be grateful for all that you have and all that you are!
P.S. For an awesome protein-packed Thanksgiving sweet treat, try my MYOFUSION CRANBERRY SWEET POTATO CUPCAKES! Get the recipe my clicking HERE.
IFBB Bikini Pro