How long have you been into your sport? >
How did you get started? >
I actually started as a fitness model for Gaspari Nutrition, attending and working these bodybuilding shows, and one day I just said “I can do this!” and I did…
why do you train? >
I love the challenge of always knowing I can push it harder or get stronger.
what motivates you? >
The feeling of being strong and healthy.
What are your goals? >
To improve and just keep getting better. I am an athlete at heart. I like to run races, do obstacle courses, and basically anything that is going to challenge me. I would definitely like to do a triathlon or try some Crossfit. I just love to train and work hard.
What are your core principles behind your approach to this sport? >
I always stay hungry. There is always someone who is working harder than you, so I always train like I am in second, fighting for first.
what advice would you give someone? >
Have a vision with clear set goals, map out how to get there, and let nothing get in your way. Believe in yourself and work hard; everything else will fall into place.
Sample Off-Season Diet >
Meal 1: 1.5 scoop MyoFusion Elite Protein Series, ½ cup gluten free oats, berries
Sample Off-Season Training >
· 4 sets Single Arm Lateral Raise
· 4 sets Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
· 4 sets Dumbbell Lateral Raise SUPERSET with Front Raise/Upright Row with Barbell
· 4 sets Reverse Peck Deck Flye
· 4 sets Rear Delt Pull SUPERSET Bent Over Single Arm Lateral Raise
· 4 sets Wide Grip Pulldowns
· 4 sets Straight Arm Pulldowns
· 4 sets Single Arm Pulldowns
· 4 sets Pullups SUPERSET with Underhand Grip Barbell Rows
· 4 sets Cable Row (Wide Grip)
· 4 sets Single Arm Dumbbell Row
· 7 sets Close Grip Pulldowns
· 200 Walking Lunges (4 sets of 50, last 2 sets with Dumbbells or Barbells)
· 4 sets Leg Extensions SUPERSET with 4 sets Seated Leg Curls
· 4 sets Leg Press (my favorite is vertical)
· 4 sets Kneeling Leg Curls SUPERSET with 4 sets Deadlifts
· 4 sets Lying Leg Curls
· 4 sets Glute Kickback SUPERSET with Reverse Abductor
· 7 sets Sumo Squats
· Calves (usually about 8 sets total)
· 4 sets Hammer Curls
· 4 sets EZ Bar Curls SUPERSET with Standing Preacher
· 4 sets Overhead Tricep Rope Extension
· 4 sets Single Arm Cable Tricep Kickback
· 4 sets Tricep Dips SUPERSET Tricep Wide Grip Pulldown
· 3 sets DROPSET Single Arm Dumbbell Curls
I train as hard as I can in the offseason and during contest prep. The only difference is that during contest prep I tend to triple and superset more to keep my heart rate up. I very rarely am spending more than 60 minutes on a weight workout during contest prep; offseason I could be training for 90-120 minutes with stretching and rest between sets.
Sample Contest Diet >
Meal 1: 6-8 egg whites, ½ cup gluten free oats or ¼ cup cream of rice
Sample Contest Training >
See Sample Off-Season Training per Body Part